Why Not Wednesday: say NO to vintage in the microwave!!

“don’t chance vintage finds in the microwave!”

For whatever reason, I decided to melt butter in the microwave in this cute little vintage bowl that I have had for over a decade. 10 seconds in, I hear a mini explosion and this is what I found.

vintage bowl exploded in microwaveI guess it seems obvious now, but the moral of this post is don’t assume antique, old or vintage kitchen items are microwavable!

Advertisements

Leave a comment; I love feedback!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s