A few weeks ago I received a comment from Mallory of Our First Nest letting me know she chose my blog for the Liebster Award.
Thanks Mallory! :-)
“Liebster, in German, means endearing, valued, lovely, beloved, etc. This award is a way to acknowledge new, up-and-coming bloggers and talented, long-time bloggers with few followers and to help recognize them for their outstanding accomplishments in design as presented on their blog.”
The Liebster Award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers (which is hard to find, so I cheated a little and used under 300 as my own personal guideline!). It’s a way to show appreciation to the smaller, less known blogs and a way to bring in more traffic and readership.
You should know that there is no “real” Liebster award in the sense that there are no judges, no official rules, no website or team to congratulate you.
Once nominated, you can choose to play along or not. If you do, here are the guidelines to follow:
- Add the award image with a link back to the one who gave it to you
- Post 5 random things about yourself
- Answer 5 questions from the person who gave you the award
- Nominate 5 bloggers (and let them know)
- Post 5 new questions to the bloggers you pass the award to
5 random things about me:
- I don’t drink enough (healthy) liquids. I often find myself waking up during the night completely parched and drink 3 glasses of water and go back to bed. I just don’t care or think about drinking enough water or juices. I love coffee, tea and wine however! LOL!
- When I was about 10 years old, a friend and I would roam around a new housing area and sneak into the new homes being constructed and day dream about living in one of them. One day we heard a noise and hid in a closet. We got found by the (soon to be) new homeowner, a man, who was creepy and tried to get us to stay and give us a tour… we made a run for it. I never rode my bike home so fast in my life!
- When I am ready for bed, if I haven’t made it yet that day. I actually take a few moments to properly make it, then get in.
- I cut my families hair -and on occasion my own. I sometimes wonder if I could make a living out of it.
- I love walking barefoot when my floors are freshly cleaned (unfortunately around here, they don’t stay clean for long)… ahhh no dog hair or crumbs sticking to my feet -it actually, honestly, brightens my mood.
Answer 5 questions from the person who nominated you:
- What is your favorite decorating or renovating tool?
Oh that’s easy: spray paint!
- What is your favorite color combination, personal or decorating?
Hmmm, this is difficult because I love all colors. But I do have phases and right now I’m obsessed with pink, teal and gold.
- What is your favorite social media platform?
Facebook. I’ve been researching how to get more traffic to my blog by using it more effectively.
- What is your favorite TV show right now?
A few months ago we got Apple TV. It’s so AWESOME! Plus we save so much money (we cancelled our satellite provider and returned the DVR’s we were renting!). I’ve discovered some new and older shows – I don’t have a fave but I am enjoying House Of Cards, The New Normal and Life Unexpected is a great show we all can watch as a family.
- If they made a movie about your life, who would play you?
Oh geez! Hmmm. The first person that comes to mind is Jami Gertz who plays Debbie Weaver on ABC’s The Neighbors. LOL! She’s great!
- Bonus: What is your particular first world problem? Hehe, cute question. My bedroom. More specifically the wall across from bed. I have spent countless hours dreaming up what I can do there that will look great but won’t cost a fortune! (I’m close to a solution -stay tuned).
Pass along the love to 5 bloggers and let them know you appreciate their blog:
Ask 5 new questions to the bloggers:
- What is your favorite thing about your home?
- What is your go-to junk food?
- Who is your favorite person and why?
- How would you describe yourself?
- How do you like to spend Sunday mornings?
The 5 random things about myself was kind of hard but I loved making up the new questions for the following 5 bloggers!
Have fun, congrats & thank you! -julie